Mortgage To ensure you won’t fall victim to loan fraud, be sure to follow all of these steps as you apply for a loan:
Mortgage Application Process step-by-step:
- Be sure to read and understand everything before you sign.
- Refuse to sign any blank documents.
- Do not buy property for someone else.
- Do not overstate your income.
- Do not overstate how long you have been employed.
- Do not overstate your assets.
- Accurately report your debts.
- Do not change your income tax returns for any reason.
- Be truthful about your credit problems, past and present.
- Be honest about your intention to occupy the house
- Do not provide false supporting documents.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I’VE APPLIED FOR MY LOAN?
It usually takes a lender between 1-6 weeks to complete the evaluation of your application. Its not unusual for the lender to ask for more information once the application has been submitted. The sooner you can provide the information, the faster your application will be processed. Once all the information has been verified the lender will call you to let you know the outcome of your application. If the loan is approved, a closing date is set up and the lender will review the closing with you. And after closing, you’ll be able to move into your new home.If you’re thinking about how to get a mortgage, you should be aware of the factors that affect your eligibility.If you’re thinking about how to get a mortgage, you should be aware of the factors that affect your eligibility.
Confirm that your credit score is strong and your credit report is error-free.Have an idea of the type of mortgage you want.Then Research and compare lenders.Get preapproved to borrow at a given loan amount.After that Assemble your loan paperwork.
Find your home!