Mortgage Calculator: Estimate Your Monthly House Payments
A mortgage is often a necessary part of buying a home, but it can be difficult to understand what you’re paying for—and what you can actually afford. A mortgage calculator can help borrowers estimate their monthly mortgage payments based on the purchase price, down payment, interest rate and other monthly homeowner expenses.
How TCorlando Agents Estimates Your Monthly Mortgage Payment
TCorlando Agents mortgage calculator makes it easy to estimate your monthly mortgage payment using your home price, down payment and other loan details. Based on that information, it also calculates how much of each monthly payment will go toward interest and how much will cover the loan principal. You can also view how much you’ll pay in principal and interest each year of your mortgage term.
To make these calculations, our tool uses this data:
- Home price. This is the amount you plan to spend on a home.
- Down payment amount. The amount of money you will pay to the sellers at closing. This amount is subtracted from the home price to determine the amount you’ll be financing with the mortgage.
- Interest rate. If you’ve already started shopping for a mortgage, enter the interest rate offered by the lender. If not, check out the current average mortgage rate to estimate your potential payments.
- Loan term. The loan term is the length of the mortgage in years. The most popular terms are for 15 and 30 years, but other terms are available.
- Additional monthly costs. In addition to principal and interest, the calculator considers costs associated with property taxes, private mortgage insurance (PMI), homeowners insurance and homeowners association fees.